The Defendant In My Car Accident Case Is Trying To Move The Case To Federal Court. Is This Allowed?

If you are a citizen of one state, and the defendants is a citizen of a different state, and the amount being sued for is in excess of $75,000.00, then the defendant has a right to move the case to federal Court under the doctrine of diversity jurisdiction. However, there are strict time frames in which this must be done, or else it will not be permitted. If you find yourself in this situation contact an experienced car accident attorney immediately.