What Is The Best Way To Drive Safely On Roads That Are Flooding?
There are a number of things to consider when driving on roads that are flooding:
- Always drive over the highest part of the road
- Drive as slowly as possible through the flooded part of the road
- Drive through using first gear in high revs with the clutch partially engaged (this minimizes the chances of water going up your exhaust)
- Never remove your foot from the accelerator
- Once you’re clear of the water, check your breaks in order to dry them out a little before continuing