Why Do Tractor-Trailer Accidents Occur?
Tractor-trailer accidents occur for a number of reasons, including:
- Ignoring posted traffic signs; for example, warnings for trucks carrying a certain amount of weight or those of a certain height
- Driver fatigue
- Driver distractions
- Driving over the limited number of hours per shift (12 hours)
- Driving too fast for weather conditions
- Difficulty seeing properly at night
- Truck not being properly maintained; maintenance can be expensive but it is important for safety reasons!